"MEMPHIS TO MOTOWN" & "JORDAN JOHN"
- Anchored by Canada’s premiere (10pc) R&B masters - The Legendary Lincolns.
- Only band invited to perform at Wayne Gretzky’s wedding
- Jordan John <www.jordanjohn.com> is the key lead vocalist & multi-instrumentalist supported by two fabulous female and two male vocal soloists (total 4) who, together with a brilliant ‘Blues Bros.’ cameo performance, weave in and out of a truly authentic 70’s R&B/Soul Revue.
- Have successfully competed internationally with other big classic R&B shows in The Netherlands (at the World Forum Theatre in The Hague) and as well in Berlin at the Estrel Show Room.
- Private parties for Tom Hanks, Martin Short and Dan Aykroyd to name a few
- The M2M show can be adjusted in size to suit budgetary requirements
- Repertoire list stretches from Motown... (Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight, Al Green, The Temptations, Rick James) to the Atlantic recording artists (Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett) to James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Prince and on & on... Lots of vintage dance music!
- Credentials of the band (which is suitably ethnically diverse) extend from keyboardist Dave Tyson (co-writer & producer of the mega hit ‘Black Velvet’) to horn players who have played with BS&T, to legendary bassist Prakash John (George Clinton's Parliament-Funkadelic, Lou Reed,Alice Cooper, James Brown, The Blues Brothers, Paul Shaffer, Junior Wells, Murray McLaughlin, Gene McLelland, Rory Block, etc).
“ Dynamite! The handsome lad vocally suggests Al Green via Smokey Robinson. Among impressive up-and-comers, John is definitely one to watch.” Christopher Loudon – JAZZ TIMES
To say that vocal sensation Jordan John is a more powerful and polished lead vocalist and multi-instrumentalist than many players twice his age would tell just a fraction of the story. Adept on drums, keyboards, guitar and bass, he has already compiled a longer list of credits, and displays more assuredness and maturity, than many performers twice his age.
Be it performing in front of 20,000 + as a lead singing, guitar wielding frontman, opening for The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin (at her personal request), jamming at age 16 on drums with the artist formally known as Prince, singing the American National Anthem at the 2011 Toronto Honda Indy, performing as interim bassist for famed Canadian rock trio, Wide Mouth Mason, Jordan’s talent and energy is sure to delight and amaze both avid and casual music listeners.
Garnering praise from the who’s who of the music industry such as world renown producer David Foster, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, John Mayall, Steve Jordan, Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, you may begin to register the proper amount of astonishment his musicality can command.
In addition to his work as a frontman in the U.S. & overseas in Europe, Jordan’s diverse multi-instrumental ability has allowed him to perform and/or record at the highest level on drums, guitar, bass & B3 hammond organ for the following Canadian, American & U.K. artists… Johnny Reid, Colin James, Jeff Healey, Burton Cummings, Wide Mouth Mason, Ronnie Spector, The Trailer Park Boys, Deborah Cox, Divine Brown, Lucky Peterson, Matt Schofield, Pinetop Perkins, Elise LeGrow to name but a few...!